Were all the problems today caused by me? Was I the source, the one who caused all the misunderstandings? It’s frustrating. All because of me having to wait for an hour and then walking home? Because I couldn’t find my parents? I don’t know. I guess to a certain extent it was me, but still…

I would have posted much earlier…but..

Anyway, first things first – Happy Birthday to my sister, Hwei Ling. She’s now 18 yrs old. Time flies, doesn’t it? Well, my turn is coming soon also..=p

Went to church at 8am, turned on the equipment, and then waited, and waited, and waited. The musicians came so late. Don’t they realize that they have to do a soundcheck? They came at like 8.25. There was hardly any time to check the instruments, and if something went wrong, the blame would be put on me. In the end we didn’t even soundcheck the bass. And the piano had problems. But because they came so late, what could I do? I had pressure to solve the problem and all, having problems like that. In the end I just had to take the cheap way out.

Do any people actually realize what it is to be in charge of the PA? Doing PA is about the worst thing anyone can do. People just don’t realize the work that you do, as you’re just tucked away where no one can see. If problems occur, the blame goes on the sound man, whether or not it is their fault. If things go well, no one notices.

The only reason why enough of us PA guys do what we’re doing is because it is our passion. I started doing it voluntarily, not understanding what might be involved. Now I know. But still, it is what I want to do. But guys, please give some respect here. For musicians, PLEASE come early and make sure you tell the PA guy if you need anything, or even if you don’t need anything.

The sound today during the service sounded horrible to me. I hope no one noticed. Other than that the service was pretty okay… Except someone complaining that the piano sounded too ‘mid-dy’, not enough body. Obiously it would sound like that since we had to deal with the problem.

After the service I went to JY and ended up staying there the whole time. Reason being, the small kids there… Do you know that I put the PA area OFF LIMITS? But did that matter? Nope. They still went in there and started moving faders up and down. I told them to get out, politely, but they didn’t listen until I had to get a ‘bit’ rough. Now, that was about the 4th time I told them. But they wouldn’t listen. They JUST WOULDN’T listen. I don’t understand. It’s not that I don’t like kids, but why can’t they just obey what has been written there? Me and the PA guys have spent COUNTLESS (COUNTLESS) hours trying to make the PA work well. But enough of the time, no one seems to care. For example, one week, I spent 2 1/2 hours clearing up and cleaning and making things work. But when I went there the next week, things were pulled out, things weren’t turned off properly, stuff had been moved, and it was a MMMMEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. jieowj goi;aerhouaro.

So I stayed there trying to keep their hands off the equipment. Really, I don’t want to do that, but I didn’t have much choice. It makes my life searching for new people to do PA MUCH MUCH harder, because I end up chasing away everyone. It’s very hard…

Anyway by the time I managed to escape from JY, I couldn’t seem to find my parents around anymore. So I waited for an hour. Sat on the steps of the church, listening to the rustling sound of the wind, or rather, the sound of stuff moving because of the wind, seeing the puffy white clouds and the ominous grey clouds fly by, hearing the birds chittering away, thinking of her, wondering where she was and what she was doing. Now and them I went back into the church.

Anyway by 12.45 I decided that I’d walk home, so I started. Walked in the sun, the shade, on the sides of the roads, across roads, over streams. Passed by her house.

When I reached home……..

Never mind. You don’t want to know, except that it was not nice.

In the end….never mind.

I went to sleep, and by the time I woke up it was time to go to Seremban to meet up with my grandfather and my uncle.

A quiet journey, in terms of voices.

Went to my sister’s friend’s house for an hour before going for dinner with my relatives. Dinner was okay, then went to my uncle’s house for some cake. It was delicious.

Anyway, another quiet journey home, in terms of voices. Got stuck in a jam caused by an accident on the OTHER side of the road.

I think that’s all I’ll write for now, my dad wants the computer soon. So, that’s it, I guess.

Oh yeah, check this out and try posting. It’s a script that I wrote.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *